HVAC systems are essential to maintain the comfort and airflow in your home. However, they play a significant role in increasing the electricity bill and other expenses. If they break down, you would require air conditioning service in Lousiville.
Why You Should Invest on Maintenance Services
On average, the HVAC system runs for around 10-15 years. However, due to negligence and improper maintenance, the HVAC system’s lifespan can fall to 7-8 years. Apart from the reduced lifespan, an unmaintained system can use 10-20% more energy than usual.
Here are some benefits that you get by scheduling annual maintenance service for your HVAC system:
- You can increase the life or ensure that your HVAC system is in great condition for at least a decade
- Maintenance services can help you reduce repairs
- The indoor air quality improves if the HVAC system runs efficiently
- The indoors are more comfortable and healthier to stay in
- You do not have to worry about spiked-up electricity bills
Checklist For Autumn Maintenance
If you are interested in saving money, here is a checklist that you can follow to maintain your furnace system and avoid frequent air conditioner repair service in Louisville, KY:
- Replace the air filter and ensure to clean them weekly.
- Clean the condensate drain lines, and pour a spoonful of baking soda and vinegar to keep them from clogging.
- Clear and remove all the standing water in the drain pans or near the furnace system.
- Inspect the duct system for massive holes, leakage, or pest infestation.
- Replace the thermostat batteries, and if possible, switch to a programmable thermostat to optimize the furnace’s functioning.
- Reset the thermostat settings and ensure to set the temperature at the minimum. Change the settings to heat and fan settings to auto.
- Ensure carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms are working appropriately.
- Remove branches, leaves, and other debris from the furnace unit. Moreover, avoid keeping flammable items near the furnace unit.
Checklist For Spring Maintenance
Here is what you should do to prepare the AC system for summer:
- Replace the indoor air filter.
- Dust off the AC system’s components and wash them with a water hose.
- Use mild coil cleaning agent or dishwasher soap and scrubber to clean the condenser coils.
- Use a brush to remove debris from the condenser fins.
- Use mechanical oil to lubricate the motor bearings and blower belt.
- Check the condensate drains and call the air conditioner repair expert in Louisville, KY, to replace the drain pan if it is damaged.
- Run the air conditioning system and look for issues that are concerning. Report them to a professional technician.
The Final Word
It is essential to understand the importance of professional maintenance. Professional maintenance is essential to detect and repair the issues before they become massive problems.
If you are looking for an expert technician that provides reliable and professional air conditioner service in Louisville, KY, After Hours Heating and Air experts can help you! Call (502)317-8136 to schedule a service today!